Antivirus does not allow to enter a site because of a possible threat, what to do? Learn how to unblock websites blocked by your antivirus in this article.
Reasons why antivirus blocks websites
The antivirus avast URL blacklist program does not let sites through due to their potential threat, but yesterday everything was working? This problem is quite common and, fortunately for us, easily solved. Most likely your antivirus program has malfunctioned and needs to be fixed urgently.
Temporary disabling of antivirus
Before you start to solve the problem, you need to make sure that the cause of the problem is the antivirus. After all, in addition to this the cause could be a system infection by malware, or a simple Internet connection, you never know if you don’t check.
So, to be sure of this, we will have to temporarily disable your protection, but then it must always be put back in place. So to disable antivirus you have to:
- Find the Avast icon on the main screen of your computer in the system tray and click on it
- After that, you will see a menu in which you must select the tab Manage Avast Screens
- There you will disable the antivirus until you restart your computer
- Confirm the action to save changes
Now that the antivirus is completely disabled you should go to your browser and try to load the site again. If your guesses are correct and it’s a faulty antivirus then you can proceed to the next step.
Disabling the “compromised sites” option
The authentic sites option checks site certificates for authenticity and if they are expired or missing then the entrance to the site is blocked. But sometimes this feature fails and starts to block all sites so you need to disable it and see if that solves our problem.
- In the Avast control panel, find the protection tab
- In the function menu, find the genuine site’s item and click on it
- In the middle of the window, you will find a switch that you will need to disable and save the action
List of Exceptions
It happens so that anti-virus can block some components of the web browser and it can not fully work and load sites.
To fix this, you need to add the browser to Exceptions:
- In the main panel of the antivirus find the menu button
- Select the settings tab.
- On the tab “General” look for the section “Exceptions” where it is located and click on the “Add” button
- Select the desired browser and click to confirm
Disabling browser extension
Another solution can be to disable browser extensions because the antivirus blocks one of the installed add-ons of the web browser, which does not work properly or is malicious.
To disable an extension, do the following:
- Go to the browser and find the three dots on the panel
- Click Add-ons in the menu
- In the list that opens in front of you, disable all the switches